MMSA is governed by 2 bodies: the Executive Board () and the General Meeting (GM). The GM, made up from all attending medical students, is the highest authority in the MMSA and is the body which amends the statute and bylaws of the Association. The members elect the EB via an annual election.
MMSA is composed of various Standing Committees (SCs) in order to ensure specificity to issue targeting. Those are the:
- Standing Committee on Public Health (SCOPH)
- Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace (SCORP)
- Standing Committee on Reproductive Health including AIDS (SCORA)
- Standing Committee on Medical Education (SCOME)
- Standing Committee on Professional and Research Exchange (SCOPE/SCORE)
- Standing Committee on Leisure Activities (Leisure Team)
- Standing Committee on Media and Marketing (Media and Marketing Team)
- Standing Committee on Peer Education and Training ( NPET team )
- Standing Committee on Fundraising (Fundraising Team)
Structure of MMSA
MMSA has also introduced the role of a Supervising Council which is elected together with the rest of the MMSA EB, to evaluate and supervise the work of the executive board, offer advice, and undertake actions in case problems arise.
The Supervising Council is composed of three persons: Two MMSA members who preferably held a post in a previous executive board, and one MMSA member who has never been an executive board member.
The SupCo can be contacted via email on email@example.com.