Application Form – No VISA
How to apply
The procedure is that you need to mail the following documents to the MMSA Electives Coordinator (full address of the MMSA Electives Coordinator is written on the application form):
(1) Application form - download from here
(2) 2 passport sized photos
(3) A letter of recommendation from your home university confirming you are a medical student
(4) Copies of your home university certificate. The home certificate is a copy of your home University Certificate which will be signed by your consultant and stamped by the Medical School on completion of your clinical attachment.
Unless we have a copy of the home certificates to be sure that your university is approving the observatory clinical attachment, we will not be able to process your application. We are not able to sign learning agreements which require that the students are exposed to only certain areas of the speciality.
Places are limited and since these observatory clinical attachments are very popular with international medical students, a first come first served policy applies. To this effect, we recommend an early application.
Your application will first be processed by the MMSA National Electives Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will find an available firm in your preferred area in the dates of your preference. Then it will be forwarded to the Medical School for official approval.
When an Application is Approved
The Medical School will send the official acceptance letter and other useful information.
Should you require accommodation with MMSA, send an email to the MMSA Electives Coordinator on email@example.com. You will then be guided through the accommodation fee depending upon the length of your stay.
You are required to settle 100% of your total fees (application, administrative and accommodation) 45 days before your date of arrival in Malta. Unless this is done your booking will be automatically cancelled.
Application fee and administrative payments should be made to the Electives Office as described in the application form. The administrative fees include but are not limited to:
- Processing of applications
- Correspondence with prospective students re procedure of application/correspondence after terminating elective term
- Coordinating students attachments with various consultants
- Accommodation and transport arrangements as necessary·
- Handling of queries regarding apartments
- Organisation of agreements/contracts between students home university and University of Malta when requested
- Liaison with Health and Safety Management at Mater Dei Hospital when requested or as necessary
- Forward updated lists of incoming students to Health Department at Mater Dei Hospital
- Processing and clearance of Health forms with Department of Health – Mater Dei Hospital
- Provision of internet access/library through IT Services
- Organising and issuing of Hospital ID cards
- Liaison with Dean’s office regarding letters of Invitation for visa purposes/certification of certificates of attendance
- Maintenance of website by MMSA/Electives Office
- Process data obtained from Questionnaires handed in by students on termination of elective term
- Handling and processing of financial affairs
- Please note that the administrative fee does not cover health and travel insurance.
Your health form must be approved by the Maltese Health Infection Control Unit. Please visit the Health Form section to learn more about it.
- Cancellation up to 1 month prior to your elective period: 25% fee of amount paid
- Cancellation up to 2 weeks prior to your elective period: 50% fee of amount paid
- Cancellation after commencement of your elective period: No refund
- Any bank charges involved in the refund transaction will be borne by the student
For further queries kindly contact:
- the MMSA Electives Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org with issues relating to accommodation
- the Electives Office on email@example.com with issues relating to medical school and health form.
Last edited on October 30, 2012